Shopping Tips from the Experts on Outdoor Markets
Here at French Quarters, we believe there is no better way to enjoy a beautiful day than at an outdoor market. After all, much of our inventory came from outdoor markets across the country of France. But to be able to score the real treasures at a flea market – no matter where it may be – requires a little skill.
So we sought out what other experts had to say and combined it with our own experiences to pick out what we thought were the best tips for shopping at outdoor markets. With help from Design Sponge - who talked to experts including Eddie Ross, Christiane Lemieux and Anna Wolf – here are our favorite tips for finding the best items at outdoor markets.
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather
- Arrive a bit early
- Bring plenty of cash, a tape measure and a cart or bag
- Make a wish list
- Know how much you should pay for certain items
- Make sure you can differentiate between types of woods
- Be friendly but don’t be afraid to haggle
- Don’t let anyone rush you
- Be ready to shop thoroughly and dig through boxes